Note: This product works best with a Haakaa Gen. 3 250ml Silicone Baby Bottle using an X-shaped variable flow teat.
Many mums and their babies experience feeding issues – including latching problems, low milk supply, or maybe little ones that need a little extra nourishment or help to learn how to feed. The Silicone Feeding Tube Set helps you to overcome some of these common issues by connecting a bottle of supplemented milk to your breast via a tube, delivering a constant and controllable flow of milk to baby at the breast. Through the use of the Silicone Feeding Tube, both mother and baby can experience the natural physical sensation of breastfeeding, while encouraging mum’s supply and ensuring that baby receives adequate nutrition.
The flow of milk can be carefully controlled by adjusting the strength of your grip on the Gen. 3 Baby Bottle (sold separately), or by using the flow controller for a more consistent rate. Our Silicone Feeding Tube works seamlessly with our Haakaa Gen. 3 Silicone Baby Bottles and X-Shaped Variable Flow Teats (sold separately) but can also be used with any other baby bottle equipped with an X-shaped variable flow nipple. Simply place the bottle in an elevated position higher than the end of the outlet tube to start the flow of milk.
Contents: 1 x Inlet Tube, 1 x Outlet Tube, 1 x Tube Adapter, 1 x Flow Controller, 1 x Cleaning Brush, 1 x Medical Tape, 1 x Carry Case
- Made with food grade silicone and polyformaldehyde.
- Flow controller provides a consistent flow of liquid.
- Provides added nutrition to the baby, while also giving mum and baby the sensation of breastfeeding.
- Long and slim tube for inconspicuous and discreet use.
- Additional flow control when used with squeezable Haakaa Gen. 3 bottles.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
- Insert both the inlet and outlet tubes into ends of the tube adapter. Thread the end of the outlet tube through the flow controller.
- Push the thick inlet tube down through the X-shaped opening on the Variable Flow Nipple and pull it through until it is long enough to reach the milk in the bottle. Attach the nipple to the bottle.
- Place the end of the thin outlet tube 1-2cm away from your nipple and secure its position with medical tape.
- Introduce your baby to your nipple and then place the thin outlet tube gently into their mouth to begin feeding.
- If using the Haakaa Gen. 3 Baby Bottle, squeeze the silicone bottle body to control the flow of milk. Increase pressure on the bottle to increase the speed that milk flows or reduce pressure to slow it down.
- If using another baby bottle with an X-shaped variable flow nipple, simply place the bottle in an elevated position higher than the end of the outlet tube to start the flow of milk.
- You can also use the flow controller to manager the speed that milk flows, adjusting to suit your child.
Cleaning and Care
Clean after each use. Use the included cleaning brush to scrub the inside of the tube before rinsing with hot water. For easier operation, feed the brush through the tube by the handle and pull through. We strongly recommend cleaning and sterilising this product with any steam sterilising system, or by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes. Do not use any bleach-based agents or sterilising tablets to clean this product. Do not use a UV steriliser to clean this product as it may impact its lifespan.
Caution: Check product condition before each use. Immediately discontinue use and replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. While it may be compatible with other X-shaped teats, we recommend only using this product with a Haakaa Gen 3 Variable Flow Nipple. Smaller teats may tear when inserting the tube. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product, as hard scourers may scratch the surface. Exposure to detergent may make the silicone in this product appear cloudy. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended use. Store product in a cool, dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Adult supervision is required.
Note: We recommend visiting a breastfeeding or medical specialist if you have any concerns with breastfeeding and feel this product could be of assistance to you and your baby