I’m sure by now you’ve seen both the Uppababy VISTA and the Uppababy ALTA/Cruz . Both models are excellent, but I thought in today’s blog we would take a look at some of the similarities and differences to help you decide which is the best fit for your family.
Uppababy Strollers Review
First, let’s compare the similarities between the VISTA and the ALTA.
- Both strollers are made of a sturdy, aluminum-alloy/magnesium frame, which is both durable and makes for easy manoeuvring. Both VISTA and ALTA feature Uppababy’s AIRGO! tyres, which are made of foam to absorb shocks and make your baby’s ride more comfortable. They also never go flat.
- ALTA and VISTA are also compatible with Uppababy’s various accessories and seats, including the bassinet, PiggyBack board for older children to ride, and Uppababy’s Mesa car seat, Maxi-Cosi car seat adapter, and Peg Perego car seats.
- Additional accessories available for both strollers include the Uppababy parent organiser, cup holder, snug seat, blankie, travel bag (with travel safe programs), and snack tray; all accessories are compatible with the 2015 models of both ALTA and VISTA.
- Both Uppababy strollers also include a bumper bar to keep baby safely secured in the stroller. VISTA and ALTA also both allow you to position your baby facing toward you, and both feature one-handed, multi-position seats. Both strollers are suitable for use from birth, and include an extendable SPF 50+ sunshade to protect your baby’s sensitive skin.
Finally, both VISTA and ALTA feature removable, washable fabric, so you can keep your baby clean and cosy on the go.
- So as you can see, both Uppababy strollers have some wonderful features that you’re sure to appreciate. Now, let’s look at the differences, so you can decide which model will be the best investment for your family.
Why Choose between the strollers ?
- The biggest difference between ALTA and VISTA is that ALTA adapts to fit up to two children, while VISTA can carry three children. If you have more than two children with small age gaps in between them, VISTA will offer you a lot of versatility.
Now, Let’s Look at the major differences.
As far as features and functions, there are a few key differences as well.
- The Uppababy VISTA has two large tyres on the back, and two smaller tyres in the front, whereas the ALTA has two sets of the same size tyres on both front and back. Also, ALTA has one large brake across the back, while VISTA has a small brake attached to the right-side back tyre, with a function to see when the brakes are on and when they are off.
- Because VISTA allows you to expand to carry up to three children, it is slightly larger than ALTA. VISTA’s expandable options include the PiggyBack board, infant car seats (Mesa, Maxi-Cosi, and Peg Perego), the included toddler seat, Uppababy’s bassinets, and the new RumbleSeat, which allows you to take it from a single stroller to a double in-line stroller. ALTA can be expanded with the included toddler seat, Uppababy’s bassinet, the PiggyBack board, and infant car seats (Mesa, Maxi-Cosi, and Peg Perego).
- Both strollers also feature a large, easy-access basket underneath the seats. However, VISTA’s is larger in size compared to the basket that comes with ALTA.
I highly recommend both the Uppababy ALTA and VISTA strollers. Ultimately, your personal preference, lifestyle, and budget will determine which stroller is most suitable for your family.
For a family of two children, I would recommend the ALTA, especially if your toddler prefers to travel on the PiggyBack board. For a family of two or more children, the second seat functionality makes VISTA a much preferred option.
Be sure to visit the Store for much more information on these products. If you have any questions, please contact us and we will be happy to answer them.